14 жовтня 2020 р.
October 21 - International Academic Integrity Day
Aims and Objectives for International Day of Action (IDoA) against Contract Cheating
- To increase awareness in students, teachers at all levels of education, managers, and administrators in universities, colleges, and schools about the threat that contract cheating poses to educational standards globally
- To increase student engagement in helping to plan the IDoA, participate in social media outreach (social media campaign), and suggest/ coordinate student activities for the IDoA.
- To increase interaction and activity around the world through interactive virtual presentations and activities throughout the IDoA.
- To increase the number and participation of international educational organizations to the IDoA from 2019
- To create/ revise a media kit can be tailored by leaders (public relations/media staff) in educational organizations that will promote awareness of IDoA and contract cheating to the general public
- To encourage and promote faculty, staff, leaders, and students in educational organizations to decrease the risk of contract cheating in their organizations
Webinar on Research Data Management Basics
American Library NaUKMA invites you to the webinar
Тема: Webinar on Research Data Management Basics
: 19 October 2020 02:00 PM
Join Zoom Webinar
ID: 986 4162 8170
OPEN ACCESS WEEK 2020
Dear Friends, we encourage you to join Open Access Activities all around the world
The 2020 Open Access Week Advisory Committee announced the theme for this year’s International Open Access Week, (October 19-25), which will be “Open with Purpose: Taking Action to Build Structural Equity and Inclusion.”
4 жовтня 2020 р.
NATIONAL CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS MONTH 2020
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM), which is a collaborative effort between the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and its public and private partners — including the National Cyber Security Alliance — to ensure every American has the resources they need to stay safe and secure online. This year’s theme, “Do your Part. #BeCyberSmart.,” encourages individuals and organizations to take proactive steps to enhance cybersecurity and protect their part of cyberspace.
CISA encourages individuals and organizations to review the NCSAM 2020 page for ways to participate in and promote NCSAM.
NCSAM emphasizes “If You Connect It, Protect It.” Throughout October, CISA and NCSA will focus on the following areas in our promotions and outreach:
- October 1 and 2: Official NCSAM Kick-off
- Week of October 5 (Week 1): If You Connect It, Protect It
- Week of October 12 (Week 2): Securing Devices at Home and Work
- Week of October 19 (Week 3): Securing Internet-Connected Devices in Healthcare
- Week of October 26 (Week 4): The Future of Connected Devices
Use NCSAM’s hashtag #BeCyberSmart before and during October to promote your involvement in raising cybersecurity awareness.
Learn about National Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2020 by following @StaySafeOnline & @CISAgov www.staysafeonline.org & cisa.gov/ncsam #BeCyberSmart
This month, we are raising awareness about the importance of #cybersecurity and sharing information to help everyone be safer and more secure online. Do your part. #BeCyberSmart #CybersecurityAwarenessMonthWe all have a role to play in ensuring our interconnected world is safer and more resilient for everyone. Empower your friends, colleagues and family to #BeCyberSmart#BeCyberSmart Tip: If you connect it, protect it. Outsmart cyberthreats by regularly updating your software.Any device that connects to the internet is vulnerable to risks. The best defense is to keep device software, web browsers, and operating systems up to date. #BeCyberSmart by turning on auto-updates.Every new internet-connected device is another entry point for a cyber criminal. If you connect it, protect it. Know what steps you need to take to secure all internet-connected devices at work and home. #BeCyberSmart
Visit cisa.gov/ncsam to learn more.
We will also examine how people and infrastructure can adapt to the continuous evolution of Internet-connected devices moving forward. It is not only necessary to safeguard our personal devices, but all the devices we interact with. No matter what the future brings, everyone needs to be to do their part and #BeCyberSmart to ensure the safety of cyberspace.
https://internetworldstats.com/stats.htm pulled 7/28/2020
3 жовтня 2020 р.
HOW DO WE WORK DURING QUARANTINE
American library is closed for visitors so, please remember, that you can order 4 books via electronic catalogue and pick them up at the English Language Resource Center - building 7 (former British Council).
The orderings are processed from
Monday - Thursday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Follow us on FB to see our online events schedule.
Take care and hope to see you soon
Resources for research and academic writing
The research and learning process is very elaborate and complex. That is why a lot of resources are needed in order to proceed through the research smoothly. American Library recommends you to read and browse the following articles, blog posts, search engines, and resources on the topic:
How To Write An Essay? – Where to start?
A Quick Guide to Dissertation Writing
The Plagiarism Spectrum 2.0 Turnitin Originality.
Learn FAIR! data management practices
An Executive’s Guide to OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) Framework
11 вересня 2020 р.
Webinar on Information Search
Шановні користувачі, Американська бібліотека НаУКМА проводитиме вебінар з інформаційного пошуку у нашому каталозі. Будь ласка, заповніть поля нижче для отримання лінку для участі
Patriot Day 2020
"Patriot Day is an annual observance on September 11 to remember those who were injured or died during the terrorist attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001. Many Americans refer to Patriot Day as 9/11 or September 11." The Source https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/patriot-day
24 травня 2020 р.
Directory of Open Access Books is a joint service of OAPEN, OpenEdition, CNRS, and Aix-Marseille Université https://www.doabooks.org/
Free Book Centre Freebookcentre.net contains links to thousands of free online technical books. Include core computer science, networking, programming languages, Systems Programming books, Linux books, and many more. http://freebookcentre.net/
IntechOpen Access Book, the world's leading publisher of Open Access books. Built by scientists, for scientists. https://
Open Textbook Library. Open textbooks are textbooks that have been funded, published, and licensed to be freely used, adapted, and distributed https://open.umn.edu/
9 травня 2020 р.
OPEN PORTALS FOR DISSERTATIONS
-DART Europe http://www.dart-europe.eu/
-DATAD-R: Database of African Theses and Dissertations, incl.
Research Articles http://datad.aau.org/
-Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations http://search.ndltd.org/
"Rainbow [2:22:042]" by pigstubs is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
27 квітня 2020 р.
ВІДДАЛЕНИЙ ДОСТУП ДО ПЕРЕДПЛАЧЕНИХ ЕЛЕКТРОННИХ РЕСУРСІВ ELIBRARYUSA.
Для отримання віддаленого доступу до передплачених електронних ресурсів Американської Бібліотеки НаУКМА потрібно бути зареєстрованим користувачем бібліотеки та мати активний читацький квиток. Перелік доступних баз даних:
- Digital Literacy
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Gale In Context: Middle School
- Gale in Context: Opposing Viewpoints
- Magazines on Flipster
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global
23 квітня 2020 р.
Resources for World Book Day 2020
Dear Friends, this year the World Book Day is celebrated on April, the 23rd
Here we prepared some resources and portals which contain information about this day and paths to free books to listen to or to read
World Book Day - National Today https://nationaltoday.com/world-book-day/
World Book and Copyright Day - Unesco https://en.unesco.org/commemorations/worldbookday
WORLD BOOK DAY: FREE BOOKS AND EVENTS TO HELP CELEBRATE AT HOME DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC https://www.newsweek.com/world-book-day-coronavirus-1499495
9 Free eBooks for World Book Day https://www.southernsavers.com/9-free-ebooks-for-world-book-day/
10 Free eBooks For World Book Day https://www.mymoneyblog.com/free-kindle-books-world-book-day.html
Free eBook Downloads | Rakuten Kobo - Kobo.com https://www.kobo.com/ww/en/p/free-ebooks
22 квітня 2020 р.
Earth Day 2020
April 22nd, 2020, marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, the annual celebration of the environmental movement. In 1970, according to EarthDay.org, about 20 million Americans assembled to demand greater attention to the protection of the planet.
Supporting every teacher: online teaching ‘ask me anything’
- Chris Thorn: a teacher trainer and writer who supports educators from around the world with online courses.
- Helen Allen: Digital Pedagogy Lead in the New Product Development team at Cambridge Assessment English.
- Olha Madylus: involved in English Language Teaching for over 30 years; living, teaching and training in Greece, Hong Kong and Venezuela.
Free courses from TabletWise
COOL RESOURCES TO LEVEL UP YOUR EDUCATION SKILLS
- This online course may be of great support. "This course will help you fast track the impact of your research, no matter what career stage or discipline you are in. It will inspire and equip you with the skills and confidence you need to make a step-change in the impact of your research. It takes around 10-20 minutes to work through the course materials each week over 5 weeks, and anywhere from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours to complete each week's tasks. This gives you time to apply what you learn to your own research. "
- If you are interested in language teaching via videoconferencing, the British Council publication Innovations in Education: Remote Teaching can help you to learn more about it. Follow the link to download the publication in pdf format https://bit.ly/2RQCYNO
- Blog Supporting every teacher: developing learner autonomy in distance learning with Write and Improve
- IELTS materials
- Free book download! How to write for publication: checklists, cheat sheets & tools to support your scholarly success https://buff.ly/2zdQLHV from Springer Nature
- Supporting every teacher: Free alphabet colouring book
19 квітня 2020 р.
8 квітня 2020 р.
How stories can help
For Space Admirers
NPL GIVES ACCESS TO E-BOOKS
Get it on the App Store or Google Play.