2 квітня 2012 р.

It’s All about Poetry. National Poetry Month is held in USA every April, when publishers, booksellers, literary organizations, libraries, schools and poets around the country band together to celebrate poetry and its vital place in American culture. I love poetry. It sings to my heart and to my soul. When I was young I thought everyone would love poetry just as much as I do if they only exposed to it correctly. But generally people don’t like and don’t read it. They don’t think that poetry can move them to do passionate things. But poems did. Poets could change cultures. Before there was so much contest for people’s attention, poets were the ones who literally brought the news from one place to another, walking from town to town, which is how we got everything to be iambic and memorable and rhymed and metered, because the tradition was oral before it was literary. Did you ever know that American Library has among its holdings there are The Song of Roland, The Odyssey by Homer, The Poem of the Cid and of cause a lot of American poems. Why not to come to the library and check out some good poetry?